- This event has passed.
Grazing Cover Crops in Orchards and Vineyards: Capay Valley Tour
February 8 @ 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Join UC SAREP in touring three organic farms in the Capay Valley that are integrating cover crops and grazing into their orchard and vineyard systems. Through discussion, demonstrations, and presentations, farm operators, researchers, and agricultural professionals will highlight:
• Strategies for integrating cover crops into orchards and vineyards
• Impacts of cover cropping and grazing on soil health
• Funding and information resources for growing cover crops
There will be ample opportunity for networking and for attendees to share their experiences and concerns.
• Fully Belly Farm
• Pasture 42
• Vitis & Ovis
• Rory Crowley, Director of Habitat Programs, Project Apis m.
• Amélie Gaudin, Associate Professor, Dept. of Plant Sciences, UC Davis, Endowed Chair in Agroecology
• Hope Zabronksy, Climate Smart Agriculture Program lead, UC Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources
What to expect: This event will take place outdoors on working farms. Please expect uneven ground and exposure to the elements. In the event of severe weather conditions, the event may be canceled. Participants are expected to drive to each farm in their own vehicles. In the registration confirmation email, there will be a link to a carpool sign-up form.
Registration: Priority registration for farm owners and workers through January 15, 2023: Click HERE to register. Registration open to all starting January 16, 2023.
Funding for this tour was provided by a grant from Western SARE.